Monday, November 26, 2012

November 26th 2012


I have a very rough idea of what I want to do for my final paper. Something along the lines of using the article "Estranging the Familiar: "East" and "West" in Satrapi’s Persepolis" to make a literary argument about Persepolis....I don't really know if that counts as an alright secondary work for literary theory, but I suppose I'll find out.  My thesis will be something along the lines of: In Persepolis by Satrapi conventional notions of class are blurred when Satrapi depicts her life as addled by both east and west cultural clashes. It needs a lot of work and quite possibly to be changed, but this is all I have for a Monday night after my Thanksgiving comatose of a weekend....

1 comment:

N Phillips said...

a good start! and yes you can certainly use both of those texts... now, post turkey coma, narrow in. :)